CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE ENTIRE SHA’AR HABUSHA
Summary Day Eight
- The word חסיד (pious) and בושה are interrelated. The word חסידה is translated into Aramaic, to a word meaning white. And the word חרפה (disgrace) is translated into Aramaic to חסודא.
- This is because a חסיד is someone who is committed to the מצות, even when people embarrass him for keeping them.
- בושה enables one to attain נבואה (prophesy).
- בושה brings a person to יראת שמים (fear of Heaven)
- One should be very careful not to bring others to the feeling of בושה.
- בושה is the “dust” of murder.
- One should even give up their life not to embarrass another, as we learn from the story of יהודה and תמר.
- Even when giving תוכחה (rebuke), one should be careful not to embarrass the person.
Summary Day Nine
- Jerusalem was destroyed because of the story of קמצא and בר קמצא, where בר קמצא was embarrassed in public.
- Also when learning Torah with others, one should be careful not to cause others to feel uncomfortable if they make a mistake.
- One should be careful not to call their friend by a nickname that they don’t like
- One shouldn’t tell others they were offered someone’s daughter as a wife, but turned down the offer.
- Overall, one should be careful not to make one’s friend feel uncomfortable from one’s speech.
Summary Day Ten
- A person should be quiet when being disgraced.
- Hashem will reward them for allowing their face to change colors from embarrasement, by brightening their face in the future more than the light of the sun.
- From בושה a person will attain ענוה.
- From בושה a person will attain צניעות.
- בושה is a sign of one being a Jew.
- How much בושה a person has, is revealed when they get upset.
- A person should have a feeling of בושה with whoever they are around.
- We find that שאול המלך (King Saul) was chosen as king, due to his possessing the מדה of בושה.
The discussion board is only visible to members. To join, click here.
(If your a member and never the less cannot see the message board, click here to go directly to google groups)