- Another negative form of simcha is being happy to do עבירות.
- Another negative form of simcha, is the simcha generated from excessive drinking of alcohol.
- When drunk with measure and in the proper setting though, it can be a positive thing.
- Wine can strengthen the emotions which can lead to good or bad.
- It’s positive to use a small amount of wine, to cheer a person up.
- There are countless reasons why it’s important to be in a good mood.
- It helps a person learn Torah.
- It enables a Rabbinic court to come to a proper conclusion.
- It enables a person to focus when davening.
- It enables a person to properly help others in need.
- When drinking wine of ימים טובים as well, one should be careful that they don’t drink too much, which can lead to acting frivolously and forgetting about Hashem.
- Along with the mitvah of simcha is to accept that everything that happens to them is from Hashem, and was decided with justice.
- If upon a person doing teshuva they find that life gets more difficult they should accept that it’s for their own good. For example, it could be that the good life they were living, was to give them their reward in this world and not in the next. Now that they did תשובה, they’re suffering in this world in order to cleanse them of all their sins, in preparation for the next world.
- The way for a person to be happy with what they have, is to accept with simcha the bad, to the same degree that they accept the good with simcha.
- This comes about through trust, belief, intelligence, and contentment.
- A person needs a fence and support for their good actions.
- This is through בטחון. (trust)
- The fence of trust, is believing that one’s success in this world and in the next world is dependent on Hashem.
- The fence for belief, is not to sway, from whatever happens to a person and to accept everything with joy.
- This is comparable to a servant of a very kind and generous master. Whatever the master asks of him to do, no matter how hard it is, he does it with joy, knowing that he will be rewarded tremendously for whatever he does.
- We find this with regards to Hashem, even with wicked people such as נבוכדנצר and עשו, who were given great rewards in this world for the few good things that they did.
The discussion board is only visible to members. To join, click here.
(If your a member and never the less cannot see the message board, click here to go directly to google groups)
<iframe width="1000" height="700px" document.getElementById(‘forum_embed’).src = ‘https://groups.google.com/forum/embed/?place=forum/orchos-tzaddikim-ways-of-the-righteous’ + ‘&showsearch=true&showpopout=true&showtabs=false’ + ‘&parenturl=’ + encodeURIComponent(window.location.href);